Saturday 28 February 2009

Testing Times At Mallory

Here I am at Mallory Park with my team mate Chris "Sideshow" Boland. After fitting new front suspension, quick action throttle and different gearing, the day was all about making sure the bike and myself went ok. First session started at 0900hrs, I managed 2 laps and had to pull in because my footpeg had come loose, Chris seemed to be ok though. 2nd session went a lot better for me but Chris had to stop the bike at the hairpin because HIS footpeg had come loose!! 3rd session worked out great for both of us, however our lap times where within 0.01 seconds of each other! 4th session showed us going a bit quicker but no real margin was showing between us. By the time dinner came, I had knackered the new back tyre and my knee (Tyre was probably the wrong compound but my knee was just old age). I went out for one more session after dinner and had to call it day but guess what? Surprise, surprise, Chris' knee was playing up, so he'd have to stop. All in all, it was a good day. The bike went well and I didn't fall off (nearly but not quite)! So it's off to Brands Hatch for our first race next Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment