Monday 6 April 2009

DYNO HELL


Well the bike was back at J K Tuning this Saturday. Unfortunately I had to work, so my stepdad Rob was nice enough to take the bike for me. As I mentioned before, I knew the bike had dropped some power after the crash at Brands but I wasn't expecting such a severe drop! Rob got to John King's about 0930hrs expecting to do a couple of dyno runs and be away. As soon as they got the bike on the dyno, Rob and John were shocked. 49bhp and the fuelling was all over the place! Originally the bike had 71.9bhp, so I had lost 22.9 bhp and couldn't believe it. In one respect, it means I rode exceptionally well at Mallory with such a power deficit but what could I have achieved with full power? It wasn't a simple job to get the power back either!! Rob and John spent the next 6hrs and 34 ( yes, 34! ) dyno runs to get the bike back to decent power, so now the pressure is on for a decent result at Cadwell as reward for their time and hard work. Thanks Rob and John for your help and patience, it really is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment