Sunday 5 July 2009

OULTON OVERHEAT.

Well, Oulton park last weekend was a disaster! After finally getting the bike fixed, it's bloody me that breaks down!

Went out for practice on Friday morning and was quite happy with my lap times coming down after each session but by dinner the severe heat was getting to me. This was not good as qualifying was in the afternoon. Drinking loads of isotonic lucozade wasn't helping either, as soon as it went in, it had to come out almost immediately! Feeling a little faint, I went out for qualifying and managed to go 2 seconds slower than I had in the morning. Still 17th on the grid out of 36, just have to do better on Sunday.

Sunday came and I felt worse, kept having to have a lie down rather than fall down. Got up to 15th from the start in the first race but got slower after each lap, finishing 19th. I was shaking like a sh*tting dog, could hardly breath and about to fall over at any given point.

I really wasn't looking forward to the second race and unfortunately only managed 22nd after going increasingly slower again. Actually thought I was going to fill my helmet with sick at one point.... before I had taken it off. Chris, the young and fit chap he is, managed to do better, taking 10th in the 1st race and 12th in the second. Smiled and congratulated him as is only proper, then covered his bike with sarcastic notes and giggled like a kid when he said his gearbox is fooked! Mind you, I know how that poor old gearbox felt after being thrown around the garage by Alex trying to peel my leathers off me. Cheers Al. As you can see from the picture, Alex was very impressed with my lack of performance and that's him in a good mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment