Sunday 15 March 2009

Another Good Day At The Mallory Office

As you can see from the photo and the number of trophies in front of our bikes we have had a pretty successful weekend ! The weather was nice and sunny for Sunday and the wind from the previous day had dropped so conditions were ideal for racing. I had a cracker of a first race with Steve Tomes and Rob Ellesmere, we were passing each other every lap but I took the chequered flag first by 1/100th of a second, that is something like half a bikes length, pretty close, I think you'll agree. Even John Bird who owns the bike got a little over excited when he ran up to give me a hug after the race, and I thought it was only footballers that did that. I also had to do my interview for MotorsTV as the races are to be shown in two weeks time. Leigh was happy to finish 5th in his class as he was struggling with the bike mysteriously losing power. He wasn't sure whether to take part in the final race after checking the bike over revealed nothing obviously wrong, but as he is 4th in the standings it made sense to try and salvage some points and this he did with another 5th place. I had another good battle at the front for the last race but lost a couple of seconds through the bus-stop when I caught a backmarker at the wrong point so I had to settle for 3rd place this time round. I am currently joint leader in the Junior Powerbike Championship. Overall a bloody good weekend and lets hope for more of the same to come. You can catch the races on MotorsTV (on sky and Virgin) on Monday 30th March at 7pm. A quick thanks to Roger of RMKD for giving us a top notch engine for the bike.

1 comment:

  1. Well done to you all, especially Leigh after his off at Brands! will look forward to seeing Alex on the TV next week. See you at Cadwell Alex
    Regards
    Dave #54

    ReplyDelete